Monday, April 18, 2011

Objective 73: Compare and Contrast Oogenesis and Spermatogenesis

When I was trying to understand the similarities and differences of spermatogenesis and oogenesis, the text book was not very helpful. The paragraphs were long and the wording was very confusing to me. And there was nothing in lab that I could get to help me have a better understanding of the two. So I searched on the internet and found a video that compared and contrasted Spermatogenesis and Oogenesis under the Pearson website. Although the video wasn't from the book that we are currently studying from, this textbook is also from Pearson and provided the help I was looking for. The video shows the phases of meiosis for each the male and the female. The chart in the middle of the video was also very beneficial because it showed the male and female timing, location and haploid vs diploid product for before birth, during puberty and after puberty.

No comments:

Post a Comment