Saturday, April 30, 2011

Objective 65: State the importance of juxtaglomerular cells in secretion of renin

There wasn't too much information on this topic, but I still relied on the textbook and class lectures to understand this objective. I really did stress myself out on this objective, but it really wasn't as hard as I made it seem. I referred to chapter 15 page 539 and chapter 25 page 845 to help me figure this information out. This is what I concluded from the information I read. There are juxtaglomerular cells are enlarged, smooth muscle cells with secretory granules containing renin. These cells become excited when blood pressure falls, and the response is to release renin in the blood. Renin initiates the release of aldosterone to help blood pressure return to normal. There wasn't too much to go on for this topic, but these passages that I did locate aided me in understanding the concept.




No comments:

Post a Comment