Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Objective 4: Differentiate the differences between endocrine and exocrine glands

When I was trying to figure out the differences between the endocrine and exocrine glands, I referred to both my textbook and lab book because they had a very short, simple explanation that was also very detailed and straight to the point. It's harder for me to learn about certain glands or process when the book goes on and on for paragraphs or even pages trying to explain them. So when the paragraphs are short but still give you adequate information, then it was easier for me to learn the concept. The first picture is the short paragrah from the textbook from Chapter 15 (pg. 519), that tells the basic information of the two glands, but it is easy for me to understand the differences when they describe the two side by side. The rest of the pictures are the ones I found from my lab book, the second picture has another little paragraph that gave me a little more basic information about the two glands. Then the next two pictures after that actually showed how the exocrine and endocrine glands are formed from epithelial sheets. It gave me a better understanding on how the two glands actually appear in our bodies.

 (1) Page 519 from our textbook

(2) Page 69 from our lab book

(3) page 69 figure 6 A. 2 from our lab book

(4) page 69 figure 6 A. 2 from our lab book

(5) page 69. the caption under 6 A. 2

No comments:

Post a Comment