Thursday, April 21, 2011

Objective 52: Detail the kidney involvement in blood pressure and blood volume regulation

Trying to pinpoint the kidneys involvement in blood pressure and blood volume proved to be very difficult for me, but this chart that I included from page 849 briefly and accurately describes all of the process that effect blood pressure and blood volume. Whenever I have to figure out lenghty process that have multiple steps, it is very hard for me to grasp. Just reading the textbook confuses me because it seems like there are hormones and mechanisms involved in something that sounds so uncomplicated as blood pressure. I never realized how much our body has to do just to regulate the blood pressure and volume of our bodies, and if just one step of this process failed we could be in a world of hurt. Blood pressure is something that I need to pay close attention to because my family has a history of high blood pressure, and if something goes wrong with one of the hormones or organs that are involved it could seriously throw things off. I still have a hard time understanding the entire process of blood pressure and blood volume regulation, but this chart and portion of the textbook are very informative in showing how the body works to regulate the two. I personally think the chart helped clear things up better than the passage of the textbook because it shows things step by step and doesn't involve excess information to throw you off.





1 comment:

  1. Great tips regrading blood volume. You provided the best information which helps us a lot. Thanks for sharing the wonderful information.

    ReplyDelete